Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Delving Deeper with Reiki: Reiki in the Context of Traditional Asian Medicine
Saturday, December 11, 2010 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PST)
"A human being results from the Qi of Heaven and Earth. . . The union of the Qi of Heaven and Earth is called human being." —Simple Questions, chapter 25
Reiki’s history is steeped in Japanese Culture and Medicine originating with Dr. Usui, a Buddhist monk. In this workshop we will integrate and explore some of the deeper aspects of Reiki in the context of Traditional Asian Medicine. We will learn how to be more specific in treating disharmonies and supporting the inner light and wisdom present in each of us. This course will also include a refresher Reiki attunement.
This is an advanced course and recommended for those whose are already students, practitioners, and teachers of energetic medicine.
We will explore:
- The six functions of qi (why is it so vital anyway?)
- The three treasures – (what they are- including their function and corresponding organs)
- The 5 vital substances of the body.
- 10 Buddhist precepts (Dr. Usui was a Japanese Buddhist Monk) we will explore these precepts from a Zen perspective
- Traditional Reiki Positions and their corresponding meridians, acupuncture points, diseases treated, organs, anatomy, and emotions according to Traditional Asian Medicine.
- Classification and production of Qi - There are many different types of qi, interacting in a complex matrix that helps maintain the six functions of qi. For example, we will explore qing qi, gu qi, zhong qi, Yuan qi, zong qi, zhen qi, wei qi.
- Organs and Qi- each organ is responsible for moving qi in a particular direction. Learn what happens when qi gets stuck in a particular disharmony- and how to recognize and treat it.
- Qi pathologies- deficiency, sinking, and stagnation
- The relationship of qi, blood, and body fluids.
When Usui Sensei taught Reiki, it was accepted that one received as much reiju (attunement) as possible. Today in the western world, we often only do one attunement for each level, and stop there. Receiving repeated Reiki attunements can be a huge support for us energetically, and they're so much fun! You'll be zinging and zipping, with a stronger, refreshed connection to Reiki.
Connect on Facebook for updates.
When & Where
Bronwyn Michaelis, L.Ac. is passionate about vitality. An acupuncturist trained in healing traditions from around the globe, she unifies a range of modalities to help you reduce interference with your vital force and connect with what sustains you.
Since 1998, Bronwyn has been helping patients and students care for themselves in a more harmonious way––through energetic alignment, diet, lifestyle and exercise. She established Holistic Medical Arts to provide an integrated healing environment where people can unfold and grow into the fullness of their being.
Honoring and addressing the links between the physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional bodies can make the difference between living and thriving. Bronwyn looks forward to accompanying you on your healing journey and helping you realize your full potential.